So, we skipped the part about sanding the walls. We just replaced the ones that would have require sanding. We’ve done a lot of work, but there’s still a bunch to do. Dad and Josh have been here helping me all day for the past two days.
We got the tub replaced fairly early on Friday. We’ve replaced all the necessary walls, except for one strip that we need to do fairly quickly today, gotten the mud and tape up, and textured the exposed walls. I’ve primed the cabinets, cabinet doors, window trim, door, and door trim. When Josh pulled up the floor tiles, we found a spot that needed to be replaced, so we took out the toilet, and began replacing the floor, but haven’t replaced it because we ran out of daylight to build it up under the house.
I’m sure there’s more that we’ve done, but we still have much more to do. Here’s the current list:
- Replace the walls (only one more strip left)
- Paint the walls
- Paint the cabinets
- Paint the trim and baseboards
- Install the surrounding walls around the bathtub (includes cutting holes for the shower)
- Lay down new floor tiles
- Caulk the tub and surrounding walls
- Install the baseboards
- Install the new curtain rod
- Install new cabinet knobs
- Install new ceiling light fixture
- Testing (take a shower)
I’ll do my best to post an update tonight so that I can more accurately keep track of our progress.